Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweater Weather

It's that time of year again when the landscape is truly picture-perfect. The past few weeks, even after the trees shed their leaves, I've been inspired every time I look out the window, or round a bend in the road.



This time of year also reminds me of the last time we had highs in the 40's here in Missouri. It was last winter, when we welcomed our son into the world.

I hope to share pictures of his first few months sometime, but for now, here are the latest pictures of our little man. I think he looks so handsome in his sweater that Orin, his first friend (and fellow handsome guy) loaned him.



Ison was born the last day of February 2010. It was so cold and windy the day we brought him home from the hospital, I know I put too many layers on him. We couldn't wait to get him home to our warm little house. Here is a picture of my husband and Ison taking a nap. After seeing this, my friend Cara asked "Who's putting who to sleep?"



Those first few weeks, it seemed impossible to imagine him fitting into sweaters and jeans. "Just One Year" is a brand name that I've noticed for months on his little stuffed giraffe. Only now do I get what it means. As his feet get closer to spilling over the end of the changing table and his 9-month overalls start to look tight on him, it becomes more clear -- it truly is one very short year.