Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bruner's Hallmark


A little over twenty years ago, after graduating from college, I moved to Kansas City, MO to work as a production artist in an advertising agency. But somehow the rumor started that I had moved to Kansas City to work at Hallmark as a greeting card artist. Of course, there are worse rumors to have going around about you -- and I never did mind that one.

But it was ironic. Since I was a little girl, I have loved to linger in Hallmark stores, browsing the racks of stationery, envelopes, calendars, cards, etc. imagining what it would be like to design things like that.

Then, one day, the dream came true.


No, I didn't get a job at Hallmark, but that would have been great, too!

The dream was to be able to design products that were sold by Hallmark stores -- from both my own company and other quality licensees. And it was everything I'd hoped for.

One of my favorite Hallmark Gold Crown stores is Bruner's Hallmark in Nixa, MO. They have loyally carried my calendars, boxes, boxed notes and other products for years. And now they offer a great selection of the Blessings of Home line from Legacy Publishing.


As you can see, Derek and the crew at Bruner's do such a beautiful job decorating the store. They are also friendly and helpful -- always willing to assist you in finding just the right gift for the right person.


Last winter, a few weeks before my son was born, I bought his baby book and a frame (with a quote that makes me cry every time I read it aloud) at Bruner's. There I was, 9-months pregnant in the frame aisle, clutching my baby book, sobbing. But then again, emotion is just part of the experience.

If you haven't been to your local Hallmark store in awhile, you have to go in a see what you're missing. If you live in the Nixa area, stop in at Bruner's. Just be sure to bring your tissues -- and if you're heading to the Shoebox Greetings section, a friend to laugh with. The rumor is it's a great place to spend a little time thinking about the people you love - and I don't think anyone at Hallmark minds those kind of rumors!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

You have arrived! Wow! That display is just beautiful. Loving your Blessings Of Home series.

The Farmer's Wife said...

STANDING and CLAPPING!!!!

I'm so thrilled to see this well-deserved, hard earned Hallmark spotlight!

As Larissa said, you have arrived!

Yeah. That's my friend Shelly.
Uh-huh. She's a great artist. With style. And class.
Yep. You'll be seeing her in Hallmark stores all over the country.

YES!

(Not just a little proud of you...)