Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Jazz Bunny

This very classy bunny is just one of three whimsical Oliver Lake prints given to my son for his birthday by his Aunt Windy from Hawaii. I just love his shoes.



Here are the other two. A fiddling squirrel...




And this cool bird (undoubtedly playing jazz, but I like to think he could also mash Little Cabin Home on the Hill):



Oliver Lake is a UK based artist whose illustrations have appeared in publications like "Time Out" and "The Independent" as well as children's books. Prints like the ones above can be found at his Etsy store, Iota illustration. Thanks Aunt Windy for introducing me to Oliver Lake's work -- and for a gift our little man will enjoy for years to come.

2 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh!!! I love these! They're modern and retro, all at the same time. The squirrel is my favorite, I think, but they're all fun.

I'll check out the link!

Shelly said...

Yes, Mary, that's the perfect way to describe his work!