Monday, December 5, 2011

Countdown to Christmas



Like my son (who obviously loves technology), I enjoy reading a few of my favorite blogs and websites daily. There is such a wealth of information available online from generous and talented writers. My favorites cover everything from licensing to finances, crafts, frugality, and early childhood education.

This morning, this article at Passionatehomemaking.com called "On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me" struck a chord with me. Our budget has been tight this year and dates nights or gifts to each other have been scaled back considerably. So I decided to try this series of small gifts to thank my husband for all the little things he does for us (shhh, don't tell him!).

I don't insist on a lot of rituals during the holidays, though I like that other people have them. I'm often too practical for my own good...so much so that I forget to let my creative side loose at home. The great thing about this particular gift idea is that the presents needs not be expensive -- something I wish could be true of Christmas gifts in general. The real memories made at Christmas are the creative and heartfelt ways we come up with to express of love for each other.

Thank you Trina Holden for your great articles and for writing today about this charming holiday tradition.

Passionate Homemaking -- On the First Day of Christmas

1 comment: